1 Type your username and computer’s name and click Next. The first time you start your computer after installing Windows 7, you will need to go through a setup process.
2 Type in your password and click on Next. If you do not want the password, leave the text box blank and then click Next. This is the password you will need to sign into Windows using your account.
3 Enter your product key and then click Next. If you purchased a disk, your product key is located in the case of your Windows 7 disk. To skip entering your product key, simply click Next, but Windows will run on a 30-day trial, and you’ll need to enter a key after the 30-day trial time ends.
4 Choose your Windows update settings. You can select “Use recommended settings”, “Install only important updates”, or “Ask me later”.
- Use the recommended settings set by Microsoft to automatically update and security settings.
- Install Important Updates Configures your computer only to install the necessary updates.
Until you have made a decision, ask me to deactivate your security
5 Set your time and time zone. Use the drop-down menu to select your time zone, and then use the calendar and clock to select today’s date and the current time.
6 Set your network type. Once the computer connects to your network, Windows will go through the process of installing your desktop.
- If the computer is connected to your own private network, select Home Network.
- If you are connected to the network at your workplace, choose Work Network.
- If you are connected to public networks from places like restaurants and shops